But let’s take this gratitude thing in a different direction. As with our lives, we often look outside of ourselves for happiness, IE: a relationship, more money, bigger house, better job, nicer boss, thinner body, etc. For this month, what would it look like if we started making a gratitude list of what we’re grateful for within our own selves. Yes, you read it right…within our own selves!! For some reason this list becomes much harder to create.
It’s interesting when I work with my clients and even for myself, it is so easy for us to rattle off what we’re not good at, what we personally lack. And yet, it’s so challenging for us to come up with a list of our own strengths and what we are grateful for that we have internally. (Yikes, does she want me to say nice things about myself? That’s very uncomfortable. Won’t I sound like an egomaniac?)
I am grateful for:
- my ability to connect with people
- my ability to see opportunities even in the most challenging circumstances
- my humor
- my kind and compassionate heart
- my parallel parking skills
- my ability to sing
- my health and physical power to take my dog for a walk whenever I want (see how that’s flipped from, I’m so out of shape!)
- the ability to think quickly on my feet
- my ability to create fun
- my smile
- my ability to create a safe space for people to confide in me
© Inspire Bliss Coaching and Consulting 2014
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Inspire Bliss Coaching and Consulting with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.